Lab Technician (32-40h/week)
Enzyre is a diagnostics company developing the ENZYPAD and ENZYCARD platform technology to monitor blood coagulation in a near patient setting. Our mission is to bring the lab to the patient. Our technology only requires a small volume of blood and does not require any technical skills to run the test. The office and the two laboratories are located at the Novio Tech Campus in Nijmegen (NL) together with many other health and high tech companies.
Enzyre is looking for a Lab Technician with skills in diagnostic testing for a full-time employment.
As member of Enzyre’s R&D team, the Lab Technician will play a key role in the validation of current and new applications that are integrated in our microfluidic ENZYCARDs. The Lab Technician will report to the Assay Development Manager.
- Biochemical assay testing for validation purposes;
- Blood specimen handling, processing and testing;
- Quality Control (QC) testing of reagents;
- Laboratory equipment operation, maintenance and calibration;
- General laboratory maintenance;
- Documentation and record maintenance using a quality management system (lab notebook, SOPs);
- Keeping up to date with developments in laboratory diagnostics by continuing education and training.
- A completed MLO or HLO qualification in Life Sciences;
- Solid knowledge of laboratory processes and quality control environment; work experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory is a plus;
- Interest in biochemical and analytical techniques related to protein chemistry, including enzyme activity assays (chemiluminescent, chromogenic, fluorescent) and ELISA.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations;
- Organisational skills with strong attention to detail. Multitasking capabilities required;
- Quality-oriented. Structured approach towards assay testing and data processing;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as part of a team. Work collaboratively to improve laboratory operations by offering ideas and identify issues;
- Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Prepare and perform assays independently;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Dutch (oral and written).
- Ability to use computer programs, including Microsoft Office applications.
Conditions of Employment:
- Temporary 7-months contract with the intention of extension;
- Competitive salary. After your first year your salary will be adjusted according to your performance;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays and holiday pay.
Are you the person we are looking for to join our fast growing research and development team?
Please apply before September 1, 2020
Send us a motivation letter and your personal resume (email@example.com).
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting