Lead Software Design Engineer
- BSc or MSc
- 32-40 uur/week
Enzyre, a spin-out of the Radboudumc, is located at the Novio Tech Campus in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. We are a rapidly growing company with a dynamic and inspiring SME culture. Our goal is to bring the laboratory to the patient by developing a bio-diagnostic point-of-care platform able to measure multiple biomarkers in just a few drops of blood by either the patient at home or nearby the patient by healthcare workers. We are looking for a lead software design engineer willing to work in an inspiring team in a flat organization with social impact? Are you also interested in point-of-care developments and are you curious about what it’s like to work in the medtech industry? Then read on!
Enzyre is building a point-of-care platform called the EnzySystem. The EnzySystem consists of three elements; EnzyPad, EnzyCard and EnzyApp. The EnzyCard is a small credit card-sized disease-specific disposable card containing all the reagents and controls to perform up to sixteen analysis reactions simultaneously. The EnzyPad is a hand held card-reader, whereas the complete EnzySystem is controlled by its user software the EnzyApp.
The EnzySystem will be focused on blood coagulation, the current core expertise of the company. The technology can however be applied more broadly in collaboration with partners with expertise in different fields. The system is driven by user friendly EnzyApp software, based on underlying firmware for system control and signal detection and processing. Data is collected and transferred to a host, which is either a mobile phone or a laptop. This all is being monitored and serviced from web-based services.
Your responsibility will be the architectural software design of the EnzyApp and the programming of the software environment of the point-of-care device (PoC) on embedded and general user interface levels. In close collaboration with the Enzyre team and external parties you will start to build this core-competence within Enzyre and improve it to best-in-class (BIC) user experiences. In later instance web based services will be added. The target field of use is both for the professional medical lab environment and for home use. High quality and robustness with good documentation will be part of the job to obtain the required market and government qualifications. Your tasks will be:
- Architectural software design of the point-of-care devices
- Programming at several levels: firmware, general user-interface on PC/Laptop and mobile phones
- Interpreting customer requirements and user needs.
- Manage and collaborate with external IT-parties for outsourced work.
- Develop, implement and test the created software.
- Develop and document software to international qualification requirements for medical devices.
- Work with team on BIC user experiences and software robustness.
- Include lessons learned and best practices for continuously improvements.
- Fully comply with environmental, safety and health rules of Enzyre.
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT-environments, PoC-application software design and available software packages as SciChart or equivalents.
- Training of new engineers, coach and supervise students.
Required Education / Experience:
- BSc or MSc in Software or Electronics Engineering, or Computer Sciences.
- Preferably more than 3 years of experience in relevant software design and programming.
- Experience with Microsoft Office-applications as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiar with working with a QMS system / ISO13485 is a pré.
- Programming in Phyton, C++ languages with clear examples from the past in making GUI’s and mobile app’s.
- Able to design software for multiple generations of products and create backward software compatibility. Re-use of components and object oriented.
- Able to jointly cooperate with hardware design engineers and chip designers.
- Ensures product and project quality
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Multitasking capabilities required;
- Pro-active in problem solving, debugging and focus on solutions. Conduct bug-fixing.
- Structured and analytical workstyle.
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach for implementation of requests
- Self-starter, Implement improvements by yourself
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in several projects at once. Work collaboratively to improve the product offering by offering ideas and identify issues.
- Shown affinity with electronic hardware design: able to interact with hardware design engineer.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided and to improve them. Preferably experience with IEC 62304 Medical device software – Software life-cycle processes.
- Customer oriented.
- Clear and effective communication skills (oral and written) in English and preferably also in Dutch or willing to learn.
We offer as conditions of employment:
- A challenging position to start an application software team as a core-expertise in a fast growing start-up for point-of-care applications in the bio-diagnostics.
- Salary level:
- We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification.
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- Holidays: 25 holidays and holiday pay.
- Place of employment: Inspiring working place on the Novio Tech Campus in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Part-time working from home possible.
Are you the person we are looking for to join our fast growing research and development team?
Please apply before February 1, 2023
Send us a motivation letter and your personal resume (email@example.com).
For more information: Erik-Jan Lous (firstname.lastname@example.org/ +31 246690036)
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting