Enzyre, a start-up company at the Novio Tech Campus, creates innovative diagnostic solutions for patients with chronic diseases. Enzyre aims to develop a multichannel biochip platform for point-of-care applications to be used by patients at home. The platform only requires small volumes of blood and can be used by the patient to monitor his/her treatment outside of the hospital laboratory. Enzyre’s mission is “to bring the lab to the patient”.
Enzyre is looking for a HLO-certified Lab technician based on 40-hours per week. The position is located at Enzyre, Novio Tech Campus, Transistorweg 5, Nijmegen.
Are you the person we are looking for to complete our growing research and development team of technicians, scientists and project managers? Have a look at our website (www.enzyre.com) and respond !!
The technician designs, performs and validates laboratory tests, confirms accuracy results and reports findings to the project manager and other staff members. Furthermore, the technician performs maintenance and troubleshooting on the laboratory equipment by using established laboratory protocols and also evaluates QC, calibration, data entry and assessment.
- Prepares specimens for examination.
- Performs biological, hematological and immunological tests on valuable specimens.
- Uses automated equipment and is capable of performing multiple tests in parallel.
- Tests for enzyme and biomarker levels in blood.
- Performs venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and finger pricks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens.
- Keeps up to date with developments in laboratory medicine by continuing education and training.
- BSc/MSc-degree in Biomedical Laboratory Research or Life Sciences.
- Interest and experience in medical devices and laboratory experiments is a plus.
- Experience with computer systems required, including Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. The work is monitored by the project manager.
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Dutch with project manager, Enzyre staff members, medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in a small team to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations.
Conditions Of Employment:
- Temporary 1 year contract with the possibility of extension;
- Competitive salary, after your first year your salary will be adjusted according to your performance;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays and holiday pay.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Anneke Sijbers, project manager (06-23717462) or Dr. Waander van Heerde, CSO (06-28265405).
Sorry this vacancy is now closed